For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Geopier Foundation Company, 130 Harbour Place Drive, Suite 280, Davidson, NC 28036.
Geopier Foundation Company may change this policy periodically by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 9th 2012.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- Information that you provide by filing forms in on our website www.geopier.com, www.tensarcorporation.com and www.tensarcorp.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for your information when you report a problem with our website.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers such as business or job type
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- information about your computer, including your Internet Protocol address (where available), operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information primarily to better understand your service needs and for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to customize the website according to your interests
- to improve our products and services and provide you with information, products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
WHERE YOUR DATA IS STORED
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, w cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.”
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Tensar group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Geopier Foundation Company, Tensar Corporation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. Therefore we cannot be responsible for and accept no liability for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Act gives you the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the provisions of the Act. A fee of $5 will be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
Geopier Foundation Company
130 Harbour Place Drive
Davidson, NC 28036
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above postal address or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.