- Ideal for non-caving soils
- Rapid installation (schedule savings)
- 20-50% savings versus deep foundations and over-excavation
- No spoils and haul-off costs
The Rampact® pier system is another Geopier solution to soils that simply won’t stay open during drilling. Rampact piers are a displacement type system that uses a tapered mandrel outfitted with a patented compaction chamber to penetrate through caving soils and construct piers from the bottom up. This installation method allows for the construction of high-quality Rammed Aggregate Piers (RAPs) below the groundwater table without having to worry about contamination and/or fouling of the aggregate. The end result is a dense column of aggregate surrounded by stiffened matrix soils that provide excellent settlement control and allow for higher bearing capacities.
- Caving sands below the groundwater table and soft squeezing clays and silts
- Debris-laden fill soils – tapered mandrel displaces obstructions
Geopier Rampact® piers are installed by advancing a tapered displacement mandrel through unsuitable soils to a desired design depth. Once at depth, the mandral is withdrawn several feet to allow open-graded aggregate to flow into the annular space. The mandrel is then redriven to create a densified 2-foot-thick lift of aggregate. These steps are repeated up to the ground surface to create a dense column of aggregate surrounded by stiffened matrix soils.
Fill out the form below to download specifications.