- Reduces ongoing maintenance
- Rapid installation, can be performed under traffic
- Ability to be installed On or Off-track, with common equipment
- Less mess compared to other solutions
The Geopier GeoSpike℠ system improves shallow to medium depth soft subgrade conditions for railroads. GeoSpikes are HDPE pier elements that transfer loads from the ballast, through soft soils, and into more suitable bearing layers. This installation method allows for the system to be installed without the removal of the track, rail, or ties.
- Soft track subgrade soils underlain by competent soils/bedrock
Geopier GeoSpikes℠ are driven between the ties with an excavator mounted vibratory hammer. GeoSpikes are then filled with aggregate and tie cribs are back filled.